Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hurricane Bill Swell - Sebastian/Vero Beach

This past Friday and Saturday I was lucky enough to share some waves resulting from Hurricane Bill with my friend Jordan up the coast here in Florida. His hospitality was more than gracious and I enjoyed head high or better surf the whole time at his favorite local break, which will remain nameless. I haven't seen waves that big or clean since moving to Florida. Friday's surf was consistent and glassy in the morning, but had somewhat of a strong current. Having gone back to my shortboard for the first time in a loooong time I was quickly warn out by the paddling, but had a great time nonetheless. On Saturday, we awoke to a pod of dolphin swimming through the lagoon off the back of Jordan's house. We hit the water bright and early around 7am on Saturday and shared clean, albeit smaller waves with no less than 30 people on one break. I think the secret spots secret got out. The first picture below is from Sebasatian Inlet on the north side and the second picture is from the spot we actually surfed at both days. It reminded me of a super clean, couple of feet overhead day at Rightovers on North Shore. Barring another tasty hurricane swell it looks like I will have to get back in the water as a diver for the time being.




No comments: